In most of the NetSuite implementations we perform at Novutech, there’s always the part of the integration with other software applications. These integrations can be done in multiple ways. From a semi-manual process loading data files, to building point-to-point interfaces, to implementing an iPaas. This article will tackle the integration via Workato, a market leading iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service).
Workato is a middleware software that allows you to integrate data from one software solution to another in an efficient and dynamic way.
Workato is already very well developed, providing out-of-the-box connections to a multitude of third-party software applications.
This article will cover key integration topics such as connecting different softwares and creating a basic integration formula called “Recipe” in Workato, for the use case of dynamically importing a customer from SalesForce into Netsuite.
A connection between two platforms can be made very quickly in Workato. Following the creation of a suitable integrator role in NetSuite, credentials will be generated to populate the Token Id and Token Secret fields to establish a connection with a NetSuite account.
For SalesForce, making a connection has never been easier. Simply log in to your SalesForce account by pressing the Connect button after selecting the OAuth2.0 authentication type.
The connections are validated and confirmed!
To do the first query called “Recipe” in Workato: select the two applications that will be included in the integration. Here we decide to integrate all the new/updated Accounts in SalesForce. It is also the time to decide what will be the trigger of the recipe which will be a pretty important step. It can be a timeline or a trigger event followed by the modification of a certain field.
In this second step we will map the fields of SalesForce, containing the desired information about the customer that will be created in NetSuite. We decide which fields will be assigned to what target NetSuite data field, i.e. the important step of the field mapping. After linking the NetSuite fields to the corresponding SalesForce field, we launch the recipe.
|Success ! The first customer has been created|
Each recipe can be customized. The possibilities for personalized creations are endless, for example :
- Multiple actions in the target application, simultaneously
- If/elseif/else statements are possible
- Loops are possible
- You can create functions on another page that can be called in all the recipes you create. This tool avoids repetition and makes recipe operation clearer.
- A Stop Job action to interrupt the recipe
- And an error handling module to counter possible errors during recipe launch and automate the solution directly.
This example of the automatic creation of a customer in NetSuite from SalesForce is just a small sample of the power of the Workato integration tool. The ability to automate data exchange in a simple, structured way across a multitude of different, world-renowned software applications makes this tool a real game-changer.
- Workato integration service is a powerful platform to integrate data in NetSuite
- Workato is listed by Forbes in the top 50 of cloud software platforms
- Extremely powerful and easy to use on a daily basis, the Workato platform still needs the right knowledge and expertise to do the initial set-up and to build recipes
- Novutech is an experienced, official partner of Workato and can help you manage the integration of your data into NetSuite in all security.