Within the corporate framework of Novutech, we pride ourselves on having formed a specialized team called the ‘Green Tribe’, with a mission to oversee and continuously reduce the company’s environmental impact. This team collaborates with Tapio, a platform specializing in carbon footprint reduction strategies: www.tapio.eco.
Who are we and what is our mission?
Bringing together a group of dedicated and enthusiastic individuals within Novutech, the Green Tribe’s mission is clear and precise but also quite challenging. We aim to collect the carbon footprint data daily and to reduce the company’s carbon footprint by educating our colleagues and instill awareness. Business travels are an obvious attention point, but there’s many more domains to monitor.
In collaboration with Tapio, the Green Tribe utilizes a dedicated platform to collect and analyze our data, producing comprehensive reports on Novutech’s carbon footprint and emissions sources. This information is subsequently communicated to the management, providing them with valuable insights that can be considered in the decision-making process. Transparency is key, with the tribe sharing these data on a designated Tapio page to cultivate awareness and understanding among colleagues and business partners.
To enhance collaboration and transparency within our Novutech organization, the Green Tribe has also created an internal Confluence space. This digital information hub serves as a repository for initiatives and reports, facilitating interaction among team members and providing a centralized source of information for each team member to follow-up on our company’s carbon footprint.
And last but not least, the Tribe launched their own internal Green Newsletter, with the aim to inform all Novutechos quarterly about actions done and upcoming initiatives, as well as presenting our carbon data in clear and insightful graphs.
What did we achieve this year?
Over the past year, the Green Tribe has achieved significant milestones:
- Data-Driven Insights: successfully collecting and analyzing data using the Tapio platform, the team generated insightful reports on Novutech’s emissions sources.
- Transparency Through Documentation: establishing a Confluence space ensured easily accessible documentation of initiatives and reports, enhancing transparency across the company; composing the Q3, 2023 Green Newsletter presented a recap on actions done and planned, as well as a graphical overview of our data.
- Operational Impact: recognizing the need for immediate action, the Green Tribe implemented daily initiatives within offices to reduce environmental impact.
What do we want to achieve next year?
Building on the accomplishments of the past year, the Green Tribe is focused on strategic objectives for the future:
- Enhanced Data Collection: acknowledging the critical role of precise data, the team aims to refine data collection templates. This initiative is designed to streamline the process and further improve the accuracy of the emissions reports generated via the Tapio platform.
- Expanded Sustainability Actions: following up on the daily initiatives, the Green Tribe plans to implement impactful actions across all Novutech offices globally. This expansion aims to embed sustainability as a core aspect of the company’s culture.
- Targeted Emission Reduction: the team is dedicated to identifying and addressing primary sources of emissions. Through comprehensive assessments, the goal is to formulate strategic actions that directly address these sources, ensuring a focused and impactful approach.
As the Green Tribe looks ahead, our focus remains on efficiently collecting carbon emissions data and proposing solutions to reduce Novutech carbon footprint. Through transparent reporting, collaborative efforts, and a commitment to daily actions, the tribe remains on a mission to make Novutech a more sustainable company.